Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My sister asked me to take my nephew of her hands six months ago cause he was out of control hes 7 years old?

hes adhd and really far behind in school so he been living with me and going to school on a regular basis when he lived with his mother he was absent from school almost every other day uve gone to great lengths to get him as caught up as possible she sign his educational and medical rights over to me until 7/29/07 heres the thing its summer and i signed him up for summer school his mom started throwing a fit about spending the summer with him so i let her take him for a week before school started i was suppose to get him back sunday but she refused and said he would be in school he made it the first day but not today and probably not tomorrow or any more i was gonna file for gaurdinship but just dont have the money right now i dont want to fight with her but his education should be a priority she just does not realize that she is one of the main causes of his problems i live in rock county wi if anyone can help me out in this matter can any tell me what my rights are i need help pleaseMy sister asked me to take my nephew of her hands six months ago cause he was out of control hes 7 years old?
I'm sorry. Probably, she'll call you again and ask for help next time there is a serious crisis. Meanwhile,I'm not sure what you can do without going through child services and family court. If she's not a drug addict or someone with a criminal record, you probably don't stand much chance of winning such a fight. As they say ';no good deed goes unpunished.'; Probably, you'll just have to wait. Hopefully, it will all resolve itself in a positive manner before the end of the summer.My sister asked me to take my nephew of her hands six months ago cause he was out of control hes 7 years old?
you sound like a great guy with good morals...i wish you all the luck in getting him back, he needs to be with you. i'm sorry i cant help you.!
It sounds like he needs more than a good education.


Bravo to you for making the committment to your nephew in being a parent, not just a playmate. Hang in there and go to bat for him. Talk to his school and let the administration know what's going on and what's at stake. I'm surprised that his previous school didn't say anything about his multiple absences.


I would consult social services to see what else can be done to assist you with this difficult task. They might be able to advise you on financial assistance should you want to pursue guardianship. I would show that your sister has already relinquished medical and and educational rights, even on a temporary basis. Don't give up. Kids whose parent/parents are negligent pay the ultimate price in every facet of their lives.
Boys only with a mother have much higher criminality rates than boys with either both parents or with fathers. They are mostly unable to manage boys. ~
Well..first of all good for you for stepping up to the plate for this child!! Second of all..I would start talking to a LOT of people including people at the school your nephew attends about the issues going on with him and his lack of a good mother. Fight your sister on this!!! I would talk to anyone you meet about it just to find out what you can...I would call her also every morning when she should be getting up and getting her son ready and telling her that she should be doing that. Let her know that you aren't going to sit around and watch her turn her back on a good education for her son!
the police can tell you your rights. There may be a time limit law where if you have the child for so long then he is ultimately your responsibility. You need to google legal aid in your state.
good for you , you knew when yuo shoudl step up and you did , i defiantly think that you should try for gaurdianship becasue liek you said he wasnt getting the proper education when he was with his mother even if you dont have alot of money right now you still have shwown better gaurdienship than his mother and it was not fair for her to ask for your hlp and then want him back so good luck with everything and i hope you get the child

No comments:

Post a Comment