Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have sweaty hands all the time. I hate it. I can't control it. They are even sweaty when I'm not hot.

If im at school and they are sweaty, I get annoyed and cant work as well. There must be some problem. My hands also get very dry in the winter; that is the skin gets dry by my knuckles. But they will still be sweaty on the palms. Is there anything I can do?I have sweaty hands all the time. I hate it. I can't control it. They are even sweaty when I'm not hot.
i agree with tang. it's hyperhydrosis. it's fairly common but your case is a little severe. there are topical creams, etc that a dermatologist can prescribe for you but i have a friend with this problem %26amp; she said they didn't work for her. there's also botox injections. they sort of paralyze the sweat glandsin the area for a few months, then u have to get it again. celebrities do this when they have a red carpet event %26amp; don't want to sweat under their arms.


ultimate solution - surgery; but it's risky. they have to collapse both lungs to get to your sweat glands and sort of clip them, therefore preventing u from sweating in the area that bothers u. the problem - sometimes you end up sweating in other areas to compensate for it, like ur back, legs, etc.





so lots of options, but it's a real condition. ur not crazy. and there is help. have ur parents take u to a doc. if ur health insurance is decent, get a referral for a dermatologist.





btw- my friends hands sweat so bad that whenshe took essay exams, she'd have to wrap a tissue around the pen she was holding. and she still would literally drip all over the paper!I have sweaty hands all the time. I hate it. I can't control it. They are even sweaty when I'm not hot.
there's a surgery for it I think
hyperhydrosis, ask your doctor, otherwise there are some topical applications... you might try an unscented antiperspirant on your hands and see if that helps too
I think you should go to the psychologist...Don't take me wrong,but the reason of your sweating is in your mind...It is not so serious,many people have that problem

No comments:

Post a Comment