Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My hands swell up, just started birth control?

Okay, I started birth control almost exactly a month ago. Everything was fine and I didn't have any major side effects from it, but I noticed a couple days ago when I went shopping that from carrying the bags my hand was swelling up. It turned red, and was kind of tingly, not really very painful, but very very uncomfortable.





Today I was carrying my purse for about an hour, and both my hands got that way. They were both red, swollen, and uncomfortable.





And I haven't got a new purse, not carrying anything heavy or anything like that. I've been doing the exact same thing for years, so I know that it's not from the bags or purse or anything.





Is this a side effect of birth control? Is it serious? Is is something else?





Any information at all is greatly appreciated! Thank you!My hands swell up, just started birth control?
Is it possible you have high blood pressure or are retaining fluids? People with high blood pressure often have that problem after walking for periods of time. You might want to check on your BP with a doctor because the birth control could certainly be throwing something off track in your body. Sounds like fluid retention.My hands swell up, just started birth control?
Sounds like severe allergic reaction.Go to hospital ASAP.You talking about pill or condoms?Sounds like a latex allergy which is condoms but can happen on pill also

No comments:

Post a Comment