Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Controlling speed of hands while playing the keyboard?

Okay, so here's the deal. I'm using the drum machine Native Instruments Battery 3 as a VST Plugin for Ableton Live 7. I have a Yamaha PSR-E403 hooked up to be able to play the beats.





However, my hands don't want to to seem to cooperate with me. Like, I have this beat in my head where I play a open high-hat every eighth note with my right hand with a double bass followed by a snare with my left hand. So therefore I would want me left hand playing faster than my right. However, whenever I try to speed up my left hand, my right speeds up with it. And when I slow down my right hand, my left slows too. I've been trying forever to fix this. It's natural, right? Is there a way to overcome this? Or do I just suck?





Any help would be greatly appreciated!Controlling speed of hands while playing the keyboard?
Idk if thisll help, but i found that if you raise your right hand when your left hand speeds up, it wont hit the one your trying not to hit.


but idk, im not a great drummer, i play rockband lol, but thats how i got really good

No comments:

Post a Comment