Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I control my nerves which cause my hands to shake?

Recently, I began working at a fine dining restaurant. At the start of my shifts, during my first few tables, my hands start to shake uncontrollably. This is a really bad thing because I have to walk full champagne flutes to tables and present them, while my hands are shaking. Curiously, after I've been working for a while, the shaking stops, I feel more comfortable and confident, and all is fine. But during the first few tables, the shaking is bad. So noticeable in fact, that a coworker of mine noticed tonight and asked me what was wrong. This is a really good job, with the opportunity for some good money and I'm worried this condition of mine will cost me my job if a manager notices it and if it continues. Any suggestions out there as to how I can control this? I really need some help.How do I control my nerves which cause my hands to shake?
probably a tension problem. Try pointing your fingers out as far as you can, count to 10, and relax. Now make a fist with both hands squeeze tight count to 10 and relax. How do I control my nerves which cause my hands to shake?
Sounds like you just need to get into ';the mood'; before you hit the floor. If your nervous your hands will definitely shake. With time this should go away, but that doesnt help you now does it?





Id drive to just hype yourself up before you get out and start working (not caffeine or anything). Try doing things that make you confident (whether it be music, working out, etc) before you go to work. Be sure when you start to wait you get a positive-thinking head BEFORE you ever see the table, if you approach them confidently, they will respond in a much better tone.





Goodluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment